The ceramics correspond to the first phase of creation of Jean and Jo Amado, his first wife (in the foreground on the photo above). She plays an essential role with her broad knowledge of the post-war art movement and her talent as a colorist. She is also the one who is in contact with the galleries and the private customers. They create and sell : vases, crockery, tiles, small panels, covering of tables, fountains. This phase began in the workshop at 1 Cours d'Orbitelle and continued at Célony, next to Aix, the nowadays workshop.
Here is a complete inventory of Jo Amado's ceramic production and exhibitions. In France: the Salon d'Automne (1953), Galerie Mai rue Bonaparte in Paris (1953), Galerie Folklore in Lyon since 1953. And abroad: Wohnbedar and the Workshop in Zurich but also in Bern, Lausanne (Maison Steïger et Cie in 1951, Galerie "Au tournant" rue du Bourg, 1953), Basel (Galerie Klingele 1953), Brussels (Maison Lemesre, Formes Nouvelles). Photos published in Maisons et Jardins (1948), Rythme (Belgian architectural magazine 1954), "Architecture d'Aujourd'hui" (reproduction of the fountain of the Sécu Marseille 1955), Möbel + Décoration (Stuttgart 1955), Elle (2 fireplaces in Aix) 1955.
While the couple ensured important orders for architectural sites, while practicing monumental, it continued to honor orders of ceramic plates for the houses of the Hamlet of La Garde or for the Shipyards of La Ciotat in 1953.